16th WEST COAST RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM ON TECHNOLOGY ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- Theme: Technology Entrepreneurship
- Location: Foster School of Business, University of Washington
- Date: TBD
We invite authors to submit papers to our research symposium, a lively forum for the exchange of ideas among scholars interested in technology entrepreneurship. The 2018 conference will be held at the Foster School of Business, University of Washington, a spectacular setting in Seattle at this time of year.
Papers focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in technology-based settings will be given preference. In addition to our broad focus on technology entrepreneurship, for 2017 we especially encourage submissions from authors examining strategy in nascent markets (i.e., ecosystem and platform industries, emergence of technologies, categories, and industries) and emerging entrepreneurship-related phenomena such as crowdfunding.
We expect to host an intimate conference of 40+ leading scholars from around the world. The conference steering committee invites the submission of unpublished working papers that advance the state of knowledge on the above topics. Conference registration and meals are complementary. A doctoral consortium will precede the conference.
Please submit papers online at the WCRS conference homepage.
CONFERENCE STEERING COMMITTEE:
- Kathy Eisenhardt, Stanford University
- Suresh Kotha, University of Washington
- Michael Lounsbury, University of Alberta
- Alan Meyer, University of Oregon
- Nandini Rajagopalan and Violina Rindova, University of Southern California
- Buerk Center Entrepreneurship, University of Washington
- Stanford Technology Ventures Program, Stanford University
- Charles H. Lundquist Center for Entrepreneurship, University of Oregon
- Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, University of Southern California
- Technology Commercialization Centre at the Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation